22 REASONS TO INVESTIGATE PROPERTY TITLE
Title means ownership of right to property which is legally enforceable. While purchasing a property, it is necessary that a buyer consults a lawyer, as he is the only person who will be able to tell whether a property has a clear and absolute title without any hassles. Investigation means finding the actual existence of this owner in all government records.
Below are some merits of investigating property title:-
1. To identify the rightful owner of the property
2. To get evidence of right of ownership
3. Identify the grounds of rights of ownership
4. To identify whether the seller himself has the right to sell
5. To understand the succession in transfer of property
6. To authenticate the documents related to the property
7. To verify the type and nature of land; as to whether the land concerned is urban, commercial agricultural or converted.
8. To avoid the risk of fake documents
9. To ensure the property is in the name of the seller only
10. To check if he property is free from lien, mortgages, and encumbrances
11. To know if the taxes are paid up to date
12. To be sure that said property is free from legal conflicts
13. Verification of restrictions, if any, relating to land granted, etc including restrictions in respect of land granted to members of the SC/STs.
14. To Acquire the right to have and to get possession
15. To Have right to prevent interference by others
16. To possess tranquil right of the property
17. To have the unperturbed liberty of changing its form and even destroying it
18. To understand if the property or any portion of it has been notified under Land Acquisition Act for public purposes.
19. To understand if any claim is pending against the property
20. To know if the property is marked for any zone development
21. To Asses the market value of the property
22. To know if the property is individually owned or jointly owned