Bengaluru Legal Corner
- Fire Escapes: Building bye laws in Karnataka
- The Karnataka Lifts, Escalators and Passenger Conveyors Act, 2012
- TDS is applicable on sale of immoveable property (other than agricultural land) wherein the sale consideration of the property exceeds or is equal to Rs 50,00,000 (Rupees Fifty Lakhs). TDS must be paid before registration of a property.
- In W.P. 2201/2012 the Division Bench of the Karnataka High Court declared that public properties/buildings/ lands such as playgrounds shall not be named after “any living person” especially a sitting MLA who is a public figure and who is certain to gain advantage from such naming. The MLA may immortalize his name by naming his own properties under his name but not misuse public funds for such purpose. Where the Counsel for Respondent submitted in defense that various public buildings had been named after “living politicians”, the Court said that any person may approach the court for remedial measures.
- Karnataka Rent Act
Under Section 20 Estate Agents engaged in brokerage of houses are liable to be registered with the Rent Controller & file Quarterly Return of the transaction. Rule 20 prescribes half of the rate of one month as brokerage or commission.
1. Provident Fund & ESI.
3. Tax, Excise &customs.
5. Bail, Defence & prosecution.
6. Cheating, Forgery, Extortion,
India has always been a home to the largest number of entrepreneurs in the world. A recent survey conducted by Startup Genome, revealed that Bangalore is a hot-spot in India for every entrepreneur and proving its credibility has shown an immense rise in start-ups. Hence, popularly termed as Startup capital of India. Prarambh is a legal support service for start-ups not only in Bangalore but also start-ups across India. From determining when and how to set up a company, to negotiating co-founder agreements or employee agreements, and determining equity for employees, we help you entrepreneurs to find solutions to legal issues faced by start-ups.
You could schedule an appointment with us in one click.
22 REASONS TO INVESTIGATE PROPERTY TITLE
Title means ownership of right to property which is legally enforceable. While purchasing a property, it is necessary that a buyer consults a lawyer, as he is the only person who will be able to tell whether a property has a clear and absolute title without any hassles. Investigation means finding the actual existence of this owner in all government records
1. Withdrawal of prosecution launched against MLA for obtaining huge amount on fabricated medical bills cannot be made recommendations by Ethics Committee.
2. Child born to an estranged couple cannot be subjected to DNA test only because husband has made paternity of child a prestige issue.